State Director, Georgia, Best Buddies International
About Best Buddies International
We are the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
We are thrilled to expand our team in Georgia. This emerging market has great growth potential and has demonstrated some early success. Fundraising activities include a gala and our signature Friendship walk, along with grants and corporate partnerships.
The State Director is responsible for developing an annual fundraising state plan and implementing the plan through overseeing day-to-day operations in all offices statewide, securing funding for programs and special projects, overseeing programs to ensure program consistency and success, managing local Advisory Boards and associated committees, and supervising state staff. S/he also assists and directs Program staff to ensure program consistency and success.
- Develops and implements comprehensive statewide strategy for securing sustainable funding and works with local staff, Advisory Boards, and volunteers on its implementation
- Assumes overall operational management responsibility for all fundraising activities statewide, including, but not limited to, foundation and corporate giving, individual giving, major gifts, special events, annual giving, and alumni/parent relations
- Develops and implements major fundraising events to meet revenue goals–must utilize local event committees and follow BBI event committee benchmarks/structure
- Researches grant opportunities, develops proposals to foundations, maintains accurate records and submits reports as required by funders with support from BBI Grants Department
- Manages government grants/contracts, including reporting, maintaining relationships with key agency officials and testifying if necessary
- Manages local and/or statewide Advisory Board(s), including recruitment, training, and retention of committee and board members in keeping with BBI Advisory Board guidelines
- Identifies, cultivates, and develops volunteers capable of making personal commitments and becoming directly involved in the solicitation process on behalf of Best Buddies – develops and manages stewardship process of all donors, including processing gifts and thank you letters
- Oversees and assumes ultimate responsibility for the success of all programmatic operations statewide by working with local programs staff and HQ Programs Team
- Oversees the planning and implementation of program events and volunteer training initiatives state-wide, including Best Buddies Day/Month, Ambassadors, and Local Leadership Training Days
- Ensures that program participants and staff are appropriately integrated into statewide fundraising/awareness efforts and collaborates with Program staff to ensure that all grant goals are realistic and in the best interest of local programmatic efforts
- Develops a comprehensive statewide public awareness strategy, and works with local staff on its implementation
- Creates a strong presence for Best Buddies in the local area through public speaking, community involvement, public service announcements, social media, special events, news releases, and other media initiatives
- Develops relationships with local graphic artists, public relations professionals, and advertising agencies to support local needs
- Oversees organization of content and images for updates to state website and ensures that all local staff use internal databases appropriately to communicate with participants and the community
- Oversees creation and distribution of statewide and local newsletters/annual reports and e-newsletters.
- Develops, monitors and balances the state budget, including reviewing monthly financial statements, tracking all expenses and revenue, and adjusting spending/fundraising plans as needed
- accordance with Best Buddies guidelines and approves all reports, conducts staff evaluations and provides appropriate guidance and motivation
- Works with local staff to set realistic and strategic goals, including professional development goals, and holds them accountable for meeting these goals
- Develops performance/behavior improvement plans as needed and researches and provides professional development opportunities and tracks and records progress
- Works to inspire and motivate local staff by demonstrating personal commitment and integrity and providing proactive training, support, and recognition
- At least four to seven years of progressive experience in fundraising including a record of success in expanding a donor base through cultivation and stewardship, grant writing, event planning/implementation, and/or board management
- At least three to five years of management/supervisory experience, and superior talent-building and team-building skills
- Superior persuasive writing and presentation skills with the ability to exert influence, inspire others, and articulate the mission, goals, and activities of Best Buddies with passion and enthusiasm
- Superior project management skills – including planning, analysis, decision making, and problem solving – and willingness to multitask
- Superior initiative, drive for results, and self-assessment skills, and ability to lead individuals and teams in setting and achieving challenging goals
- Must be highly dependable, lead by example and be willing/able to adapt management style to fit the situation and hold staff accountable for meeting set expectations
- Must be comfortable engaging with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD)
- This is a work from home position with required in-person meetings and evening/weekend event attendance
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 4 years’ relevant experience in addition to above experience.
- Access to an automobile with applicable insurance
- Starting salary for this role is in the range of 80,000-$85,000. Best Buddies offers extensive benefits, including a monthly cell phone allowance and mileage reimbursement for travel.
- This is a work-from-home/remote role. The candidate must be local to the greater Atlanta area.
Interested in this role? Apply online or book a call to find out more.
|Job Category:||State Director|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
|Important:||Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis; early application is strongly suggested.|