Special Events Manager, New Jersey, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
About American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is a voluntary health organization that gives those affected by suicide a nationwide community empowered by research, education and advocacy to take action against this leading cause of death.
Responsible for implementing AFSP fundraising events and revenue generating initiatives within assigned market.
- Plan, manage, and implement AFSP’s signature fundraising events, the Out of the Darkness Community Walks and Campus Walks, within assigned market.
- Implement all other approved chapter fundraising events and revenue generating events and initiatives.
- Develop budgets for all walk and non-walk fundraising events.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and managing all walk and other fundraising event committee and day-of event volunteers.
- Work with event related vendors, municipalities, and venues.
- Work with appropriate national staff on corporate, foundation, and grant fundraising.
- Responsible for securing sponsorships for all event fundraising.
- Growth expected is a minimum 20% increase in fundraising each year.
- Assist Programs Manager with planning and implementing Program events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in nonprofit special event fundraising
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required
AFSP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary range for this role is $55,000-$60,000.
Interested in this role? Apply online or book a call to find out more.
|Job Category:||Special Events|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
|Important:||Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis; early application is strongly suggested.|