SVP Markets and Customer Success, Opportunity@Work
About Opportunity at Work
We are a startup nonprofit based in D.C, that launched in 2017. Our focus is on creating opportunities and pathways for Americans without four-year degrees- what they call STARs- an acronym that stands for SKILLED THROUGH ALTERNATIVE ROUTES. Over the last several decades, these workers’ wages have declined and at the same time, have been and continue to be screened out of many jobs just because they do not have a four-year degree. Between our corporate partnerships, our online job marketplace, our insights team, and our STARs marketing campaign, we are trying to change the way companies hire in order to provide pathways for STARs to middle-income jobs.
At Opportunity@Work, we are on a mission to rewire the U.S. labor market for the 70 million Americans who are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (we call them STARs), so that they can work, learn, and earn to their full potential.
In the next decade, Opportunity@Work aims to enable at least 1 million working adults in America to translate their learning into earning – generating a $20 billion boost in annual earnings.
Stellarworx is our technology platform that is designed to connect Training Providers/Educators who are supporting STARs in their learning journey, the STARs themselves who are Job Seekers, and Employers committed to hiring STARs.
Stellarworx (www.stellarworx.org) is more than a job board. It is a hiring ecosystem designed to filter in (vs. filter out) STARs for middle wage jobs in tech, advanced manufacturing, sales, healthcare, etc. that do not require a bachelor’s degree. On Stellarworx, employers can signal the skills in demand by posting open positions to STAR job seekers and training providers. Training Providers can signal the skills they are developing in their training programs. And everything is matched on skills, powered by the Workday Skills Cloud. Rather than swimming in a sea of college graduates on the most popular job boards, Training Providers, STARs and Employers can develop trust in a network designed for STARs.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We believe an inclusive workplace is defined by a culture where all dimensions of diversity (both readily visible and not) are not only encouraged and accepted but fully embraced.
With over 63% of our organization BIPOC, 70% female, 24% STARs, and ages ranging from 23 to 60, our team is diverse in many aspects. However, we believe there is much more we can do to make our organization more diverse. An inclusive and intentional recruiting process is where our DEIB efforts begin.
With our commitment to inclusive hiring and onboarding, pay transparency, and internal equity, we aim to create a feeling of belonging, connection, happiness, and trust where our team members can contribute more fully and bring their whole selves to work.
The Senior Vice-President, Markets and Customer Success will play a critical role in defining O@W’s sales, engagement + retention strategy to help reach our ambitious goals. We are searching for a sales leader who has deep experience in building and scaling teams, using data to drive strategy and decision making, and overachieving sales targets. We are creating a new category and working closely with our potential customers to influence a new way of doing business. We are looking for an experienced leader with strong consultative selling skills in complex environments.
This person will direct and oversee the organization’s sales program to maximize sales effectiveness. They will be responsible for creating a cohesive and aligned approach across multiple teams, creating and strengthening cross-departmental partnerships.
This person will work to ensure alignment of strategy among multiple sales leaders in various regions to ensure a smooth and coordinated sales offering that results in optimum revenue performance. Additionally, this role will work with both our Product, Customer Success and Delivery, and Partnerships team collaboratively to support the organization’s overall plan.
The ideal candidate is a driven and passionate sales executive who possesses a strong understanding of how best to leverage technology for social change. An experienced leader who understands how to navigate complex selling cycles and relationships, and develop key markets through anchor customers and influencers.
This person will report to the Chief Operating Officer and can be based in the San Francisco/Bay Area or Washington, D.C.
- Develop our go-to-market segmentation, operations, and numerous business improvement initiatives that support and enable a singular and cohesive sales approach and expansion into multiple markets.
- Establish streamlined team structure across a currently matrixed organization that includes National Partnerships team (Provider and Employers), Regional Leaders and Customer Success team (Providers, Employers and STARs).
- Establish team strategies and processes that allow for the most efficient path to positive customer outcomes as a customer may pass from the National Partnerships team, to the Regional leader and then to Customer Success. Ensure tight feedback loops internally so that the customer has a seamless experience getting to outcomes.
- Establish insights into performance, market opportunities and manage cross functional planning processes.
- Define and manage the key performance indicators (KPI’s) for the sales function
- Enable a best-in-class sales forecast, pipeline, and renewal operating cadence.
- Develop and manage strong strategic partnerships with cross-functional key stakeholders, including but not limited to:, marketing and communications, and product
- Forge a strong partnership with the Senior Director of Resource Mobilization and Partnerships to optimize full lead funnel metrics
- Execute organizational process changes and improvements with the Operating Leadership Team
- Partner with CTO and Head of Product in development of new technologies/products/tools to support sales
- Innovate to create efficiencies and new opportunities
- Create dashboards in order to develop a deep understanding of the data behind the business
- Day to day direction of a team of Regional GMs based geographically throughout the country
- Goal review and performance accountability for all sales disciplines within the organization in conjunction with operations
- Ensures comprehensive understanding of industry issues and competitive landscape to ensure relevance and appropriate competitive positioning.
- 15+ years experience in an (industry, function) sales leadership position
- 10+ years experience in a GTM role at a B2B company, preferably in a xx capacity
- Minimum of 7-10 years achieving a high level of growth with previous organizations, with a proven record of exceeding revenue targets and in scaling team
- 7+ years experience managing and overseeing an enterprise sales team
- Experience writing and evolving Sales Playbooks
- Experience coaching and training account executives to top performance
- Experience managing across multiple markets, while helping to oversee the launch of new markets
- Comprehensive understanding of complex sales and long sales cycle transactions with experience in B2B environments
- Experience leading sales teams across multiple products and services with separate revenue models with proven success
- Proven track record of implementing successful sales strategies and processes leading to trackable efficiencies and increased productivity
- Proficiency in data tools (Salesforce)
- Experience managing a 100% remote team
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills along with an ability to prioritize work to achieve maximum performance from available resources in the organization.
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires collaboration problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity
- A confident, articulate communicator with strong executive-level written and oral communication
- A passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
- Ability to accommodate 50% travel for client meetings in major markets.
Healthcare: We pay 100% of your medical, dental, and vision coverage and 50% of the premium for your spouse and dependents.
Retirement: We match 4% of your salary (up to a maximum of $5,000) annually and will contribute an additional 1% of your paycheck, even if you don’t contribute.
Paid Time Off: We value work-life balance and encourage our team members to take time off as they see fit. In service of this, we offer unlimited paid time off.
Parental Leave: To help support new parents in the workplace, we offer 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
Flexible Work Schedules: We are 100% remote through December 2021 and will continue to offer flexible schedules, including partial work-from-home options. Our policies and norms around work schedules are a recognition that we care about work outcomes over time spent at the office.
Professional Development: We believe that developing our team members’ skills is a pathway to accomplishing our mission. To this end, we offer you $2,000 annually for the professional development opportunities of your choice.
Compensation: Base compensation $220,000-$230,000, with additional performance-based incentives to be negotiated.
Location: Preference will be given to candidates in DC/SF but all other locations would be considered.
Interested in this role? Apply online or book a call to find out more.
Senior Vice-President, Markets and Customer Success
|Location:||Washington, DC – San Francisco, CA
|Closing Date:||August 25th ,2021|
|Important:||Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis; early application is strongly suggested.|