Associate Director of Development
About Medical Students for Choice
MSFC is looking for a well-rounded fundraiser to lead the full scope of fundraising activities for the organization. The Associate Director of Development works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to maximize funding opportunities from a variety of stakeholders and programs including foundation grants, individual major donors, special events and direct marketing. The Associate Director of Development is part of a small but mighty team of collaborative professionals working to ensure that MSFC is consistently positioned as a leader in the reproductive health, rights and justice movement. If you are passionate about working with the medical community and enjoy executing comprehensive fundraising campaigns – this is the role for you.
- Work with the Executive Director and appropriate committees of the Board of Directors to develop and implement an annual fundraising plan designed to realize growth in dollars raised and donors captured which ensures adequate funding for all programs.
- Provide leadership, motivation, and training to MSFC’s volunteer Board solicitors.
- Develop and manage systems for the cultivation, acknowledgement and retention of donors.
- Identify and solicit individual donors; build long-term relationships with key donors through effective stewardship.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and the senior management team, plan and implement MSFC’s annual direct marketing campaign.
- Identify and solicit new foundation partnerships by staying current with funding trends, and elevating MSFC’s presence among key funders in the movement.
- Work with the Executive Director to maintain ongoing funding relationships with national foundations.
- Ensure that all foundation reports and grant proposals are submitted in a timely manner through collaboration with the appropriate members of the management team and the Executive Director.
- Develop and implement new fundraising strategies and tactics that reach new potential donor communities, including major donors and donors interested in planned gifts.
- Raise sponsorships for the annual conference and other meetings.
- Raise MSFC’s visibility among target donors, establish and use appropriate channels to disseminate fundraising messages (newsletter, website, annual report, etc.)
- Maintain consistent donor records and ensure the integrity of the donor database.
Qualifications & Compensation
- Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years of professional fundraising experience.
- Experience working in grassroots organizations and/or experience directing fundraising campaigns across multiple fundraising streams would be considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional certification preferred.
- Experience with private gift fundraising from individuals and national foundations.
- Demonstrated track record of success in major gifts, annual giving, direct mail, database management and gifts processing as well as successful solicitation of major national foundations.
- Experience with internet-based fundraising and communications strategies a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement long-term strategies, develop annual work plans and budgets, and set and meet annual targets.
- Commitment to MSFC’s mission to create tomorrow’s abortion providers and pro-choice physicians.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and donor databases.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Although MSFC is based in Philadelphia, PA, we are able to accommodate a permanent remote status.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this position is $70,000 to $75,000. Full-time staff members are eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Medical Students for Choice pays 100 percent of the premiums for all full-time staff.
Interested in this role? Apply online or book a call to find out more.
|Location:||Remote or Philadelphia, PA|
|Closing Date:||February 22 ,2021|
|Important:||Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis; early application is strongly suggested.|