Regional Director, Pratham USA
About Pratham USA
Established in 1995 to provide education to children in Mumbai slums, Pratham (which means “first” in Sanskrit) is now one of the largest and most successful non-governmental education organizations in India. Working in collaboration with governments, communities, parents, teachers, and volunteers, we focus on innovative interventions to address gaps in the education system. The clarity of our mission—“every child in school and learning well”—drives our focus to make an impact on the lives of India’s children and extends from our leadership to our team in the field.
With operations in 21 of India’s 29 states, Pratham reaches millions of children and youth each year, from Kashmir to Tamil Nadu. Our methods have also spread beyond India’s borders through ASER (Annual Status of Education Report), India’s largest citizen-led assessment which has inspired parallel assessments of children’s learning in fourteen countries across the world.
What we do:
Develop Innovative Programs – Pratham uses outcome-driven programs that reconfigure teaching methodologies and challenge ineffective learning mechanisms. Our strategies focus on results, accountability and continuous learning and improvement. Build Scalable Models – Pratham’s low-cost learning models are rigorously tested and evaluated so they can be easily replicated on a larger scale to provide quality education to every child.
Advocate Change – Pratham’s willingness to take risks, adapt to changing circumstances and look beyond our programs gives us the leverage to create broader change. We amplify our impact by freely sharing information with other nonprofits and using our findings to advocate for large-scale policy changes.
Inspire Action – We engage parents, teachers and government to make learning a community effort. Local volunteers are vetted, trained and monitored to help implement learning interventions at the grassroots level using Pratham’s high-quality teaching materials.
Pratham USA is a volunteer-driven organization with 13 chapters across the United States that raise awareness and mobilize financial resources for our work on the ground. With a four-star rating (the highest possible) from Charity Navigator, Pratham USA ranks among the top 3% of all nonprofits in the country thanks to its sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Pratham USA is recruiting an experienced Regional Director to lead the efforts in designing, implementing and managing a Major Gifts and integrated fundraising strategy for the Central region in partnership with Pratham USA leadership and other Regional Directors. The Central region currently includes chapters in Houston, Austin, Dallas and Chicago. The Regional Director will be based out of Houston and will work closely with chapter leadership, board members, the Pratham USA team and program leadership in India. She/he will oversee a regional team of managers and associates and will be accountable for the P&L and growth of the region. The Regional Director will report to the Pratham USA Executive Director.
Pratham USA seeks an entrepreneurial individual with an exceptional level of personal responsibility and extensive fundraising experience, who is both adept at conveying our message persuasively to garner financial resources while managing teams and processes to ensure a strong and responsive development function.
- Work with PUSA leadership as part of the national development team and with chapter leadership to design and implement overall engagement and fundraising strategies, in order to continue the sustained growth of revenues.
- Develop and execute a three-year plan to reach region revenue goals. Pratham USA expects to grow philanthropic giving by individuals, corporates and foundations to $40 million in the next 3-4 years. The Central region will be an integral part of this growth.
- Personally cultivate and manage a portfolio of major gifts and discovery donors with the aim to establish long-term relationships and upgrade their giving.
- Lead and manage a team of regional development professionals, motivating talent and guiding staff in reaching their goals and fundraising targets.
- Provide oversight of and assist in developing targeted communications and strategic work plans.
- Be accountable for fundraising activities and goals for Gala’s/Major Events in the region.
- Participate in goal setting, performance reviews and resourcing decisions for the regional team in collaboration with Pratham USA Leadership/Talent and Org.
- Collaborate with program leadership in India and the national development team to assess funding priorities and gaps and develop major gift opportunities.
- Contribute to the drafting and editing of philanthropic communications including case for support, funding proposals and donor updates and reports, working closely with the donor communications director and program leadership in India.
- Work with chapter board leadership to engage current and lapsed board members and major gift donors to expand the Pratham USA footprint and raise regional awareness and fundraising.
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date on all Pratham programs and initiatives. – Deliver on special projects and campaigns as needed.
- The role will involve regional travel with evening and weekend work schedules based on need.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelors’ degree, with strong preference for a Master’s in a related area.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in non-profit development required, with at least 5 years in major gift fundraising.
- Proven ability to close gifts of $25,000+ and experience securing large gifts from new prospects.
- Superior interpersonal skills and relationship management experience.
- Able to lead and motivate a development team to achieve fundraising and organizational goals.
- Passionate about education and demonstrated empathy for international development.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to listen and target communications to specific interests and audiences.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google applications required.
- Motivated self-starter who can think critically and solve challenges creatively.
- Ability to initiate and manage multiple complex projects, work effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet established deadlines.
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range: $115,000-$120,000. Benefits include the opportunity to work from home, 401k, health premium reimbursement and generous vacation leave.
Interested in this role? Apply online or book a call to find out more.
|Job Category:||Regional Director
|Closing Date:||July 12, 2021|
|Important:||Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis; early application is strongly suggested.|