About Opportunity at Work
Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to increase career opportunities for the 71 million adults in the U.S. who do not have a four-year college degree but are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs).
For STARs, the American Dream has been fading due in part to an “opportunity gap,” in which access to the good jobs required for upward mobility often depends less on people’s skills and more on whether and where they went to college, who they know professionally and socially, or even how they look.
We envision a future in which employers hire people based on skills rather than their pedigree. We are uniting companies, workforce development, and skills-based training organizations as well as philanthropists in a movement to realize the American Dream inclusively, so that every STAR can work, learn and earn to their full potential.
The Vice President of Product and Head of Growth is responsible for managing a passionate team of Product Directors and Managers in building the Stellarworx STARs Talent Marketplace. They will be responsible for shaping our overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as working closely with the executive team to support the achievement of company business objectives.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will work closely with engineering, design, marketing, partnerships, customer success, and business operations teams. The ideal candidate will have previous experience leading teams in building successful SaaS products in agile software development environments. This person will report directly to the Chief Operating Office and can work inside our Washington, D.C, or San Francisco office as well as remotely.
- Manage ‘whole product’ vision and design to include products, services, tools, etc- based on product/market fit
- Develop roadmap for products and service portfolio, inline with feedback from customers and customer-facing staff, org goals/priorities and budget
- Distill the growth product vision into product strategy, product messaging, compelling roadmap and requirements to support the STARs category adoption and a growing user base
- Manage P&L, including cost model and pricing strategy
- Build partnerships to support and deliver product portfolio vision, ensuring customer feedback loops are integrated into product roadmaps
- Oversee build and testing of products and services
- Monitor performance and measure the impact of portfolio products and services
- Ensure teams work cross-functionally with marketing, customer success and other teams to deliver a complete customer experience
- Strategize and map key integrations with external service providers that will create one seamless experience for our users. Examples include Applicant Tracking System
- Define and implement analytics and dashboard that communicate product effectiveness.
- Foster an agile environment with a distributed team to deliver exceptional service to our customers.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight and align teams on a shared vision and steer execution on that vision
- Oversee communication of product requirements to engineering and other stakeholders.
- Ensure timely delivery of platform and services
- Identify product and experience hurdles that prevent desired outcomes.
- Define and implement A/B tests that continuously improve product effectiveness.
- Define features that drive frequent engagement.
- Convert acquired traffic/leads into active users.
- Monitor and optimize key success metrics such as match rate, time-to-match, market depth, take rate, cohort retention, customer satisfaction, and trust metrics.
- Evangelize the offering and grow the ecosystem
- Build and develop great product team (recruit and hire, sense of progress, promote proactively)
- 5+ years building successful SaaS Marketplace platforms and Talent solutions in Agile, fast-paced companies
- Highly technical and logical
- 5+ years leading and managing product growth teams and product managers
- 5+ years in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires collaboration problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
- A confident, articulate communicator with strong executive-level written and oral communication
- A passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
Healthcare: We pay 100% of your medical, dental, and vision coverage and 50% of the premium for your spouse and dependents.
Retirement: We match 4% of your salary (up to a maximum of $5,000) annually and will contribute an additional 1% of your paycheck, even if you don’t contribute.
Paid Time Off: We value work-life balance and encourage our team members to take time off as they see fit. In service of this, we offer unlimited paid time off.
Parental Leave: To help support new parents in the workplace, we offer 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
Flexible Work Schedules: We are 100% remote through December 2021 and will continue to offer flexible schedules, including partial work-from-home options. Our policies and norms around work schedules are a recognition that we care about work outcomes over time spent at the office.
Professional Development: We believe that developing our team members’ skills is a pathway to accomplishing our mission. To this end, we offer you $2,000 annually for the professional development opportunities of your choice.
Compensation: Base compensation $185,000-$210,000 annually.Location: Remote, with a preference for DC or SF.