POSITION: Special Events Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Responsible for implementing AFSP fundraising events and revenue generating initiatives within assigned market.
- Plan, manage, and implement AFSP’s signature fundraising events, the Out of the Darkness Community Walks and Campus Walks, within assigned market.
- Implement all other approved chapter fundraising events and revenue generating events and initiatives.
- Develop budgets for all walk and non-walk fundraising events.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and managing all walk and other fundraising event committee and day-of event volunteers.
- Work with event related vendors, municipalities, and venues.
- Work with appropriate national staff on corporate, foundation, and grant fundraising.
- Responsible for securing sponsorships for all event fundraising.
- Growth expected is a minimum 20% increase in fundraising each year.
- Assist Programs Manager with planning and implementing Program events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in nonprofit special event fundraising
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required
AFSP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention has partnered with Charity Search Group to coordinate the recruitment process for this exciting role. To express your interest or for any questions, please visit www.charitysearchgroup.com or contact Pascale Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org.