Position Title: Senior Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director of Development
Position: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Fairfax, Virginia (hybrid work)
Salary: $125,000-$140,000 plus generous benefits and vacation package
About Pozez JCC
The Pozez Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (the J) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building a strong and vibrant community through meaningful opportunities to engage in Jewish life. The Pozez JCC welcomes individuals of all ages, abilities, ethnicities, faiths and backgrounds.
Programming includes cultural, educational, wellness, and social impact programs, as well as activities about or in celebration of Israel, which take place on the main campus located in the heart of Fairfax County, in a multitude of spaces throughout Northern Virginia, and online.
Pozez JCC is recruiting an experienced Senior Director of Development to lead the efforts in designing, implementing and managing an integrated fundraising strategy in partnership with The Pozez JCC leadership. This position is responsible for revenue generation through fundraising strategies and all activities that generate revenue, developing stewarding partnerships with donors, funders, businesses, volunteers, clients and other community members including civic leaders, government agencies, and community-based organizations. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Director of Development serves as a member of the leadership team, and leads the fundraising, community engagement and communications team for the Pozez JCC.
As a member of the senior management team, the Senior Director of Development will be based in Fairfax, Virginia and will work closely with Pozez JCC leadership, staff, volunteers as well as the Board of Directors to raise operating funds through philanthropy all while strengthening relationships with donors. This individual will bring demonstrated success in fundraising and communications and who is a passionate advocate for the vision and core values of the J.
The Senior Director of Development leads the creation and implementation of a fundraising plan to raise revenue for a budget that will fund programs and operations by engaging with major gift donors, collaborating with grant writers and facilitating the execution of annual giving campaigns and special events. This position is an opportunity for a leader to help the Pozez JCC position the organization as a central and critical organization for the thriving Jewish community. This position will help increase efforts to mobilize the community around social impact, cultivate communal leadership and for the organizational benefits to reach communities beyond the main campus.
- Advance Porez JCC’s vision, mission, values, and strategic priorities within the organization and community
- Work with Pozez JCC leadership as part of the development team to design and implement overall engagement and fundraising strategies, in order to continue the sustained growth of revenues
- Represent the interests and needs of the fundraising and community engagement work plans at organization-wide leadership meetings
- Establish fundraising goals and create short and long term fundraising plans
- Provide regular updates to the ED and the BOD about fundraising activities
- Communicate outcomes and impacts to a variety of stakeholders that center the voices and strengths of our staff, clients and community partners
- Lead the successful implementation of an annual fundraising plan that includes strategies and fundraising goals for individual donors, philanthropy, and volunteers
- Cultivate and manage a portfolio of major gifts and donors while fostering long-term relationships
- Contribute to the drafting and editing of philanthropic communications including case for support, funding proposals, donor updates and reports
- Continue and expand institutional giving (foundations, corporations, government)
- Develop and enhance planned giving program
- Build and maintain a culture of high performance, learning and professional growth
- Lead, manage and promote a number of development professionals and the BOD to exercise their role as fundraisers, ambassadors, and cheerleaders for the vision in all parts of the community
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date on all Pozez JCC programs and initiatives
- Deliver on special projects and campaigns as needed
- Motivated self starter who can think critically and solve challenges creatively
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in communal, educational or comparable non-profit institution required, with at least 5 years in major gift fundraising
- Proven ability to close gifts of $10,000+ and experience securing large gifts from new prospects
- Superior relationship management experience
- Able to lead and motivate a variety of stakeholders to achieve fundraising and organizational goals
- Excellent presentation, superior interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, including ability to engage donors and charismatically tell our story to the broader community
- Ability to initiate and manage campaigns, initiatives, and solicitation efforts in a results-oriented team environment while meeting established deadlines
The position is full-time with compensation commensurate to the skills level. Additionally, Pozez JCC offers a generous benefits and vacation package, including 403(b), health & dental, Pozez JCC membership and others.
Pozez JCC has retained the services of Charity Search Group to coordinate the search for this position. To discuss your suitability for the role, please contact Mariya Yurukova (email@example.com) or visit www.charitysearchgroup.com.
The Pozez JCC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels of the organization. We recognize the importance of not viewing individuals based on a single identity, and we thrive on being equitable in our recruitment process as well as in our efforts to be inclusive of all employees.