About Pratham USA
Established in 1995 to provide education to children in Mumbai slums, Pratham (which means “first” in Sanskrit) is now one of the largest and most successful non-governmental education organizations in India. Working in collaboration with governments, communities, parents, teachers, and volunteers, we focus on innovative interventions to address gaps in the education system. The clarity of our mission—“every child in school and learning well”—drives our focus to make an impact on the lives of India’s children and extends from our leadership to our team in the field.
With operations in 21 of India’s 29 states, Pratham reaches millions of children and youth each year, from Kashmir to Tamil Nadu. Our methods have also spread beyond India’s borders through ASER (Annual Status of Education Report), India’s largest citizen-led assessment which has inspired parallel assessments of children’s learning in fourteen countries across the world.
What we do:
Develop Innovative Programs – Pratham uses outcome-driven programs that reconfigure teaching methodologies and challenge ineffective learning mechanisms. Our strategies focus on results, accountability and continuous learning and improvement.
Build Scalable Models – Pratham’s low-cost learning models are rigorously tested and evaluated so they can be easily replicated on a larger scale to provide quality education to every child.
Advocate Change – Pratham’s willingness to take risks, adapt to changing circumstances and look beyond our programs gives us the leverage to create broader change. We amplify our impact by freely sharing information with other nonprofits and using our findings to advocate for large-scale policy changes.
Inspire Action – We engage parents, teachers and government to make learning a community effort. Local volunteers are vetted, trained and monitored to help implement learning interventions at the grassroots level using Pratham’s high-quality teaching materials.
Pratham USA is a volunteer-driven organization with 13 chapters across the United States that raise awareness and mobilize financial resources for our work on the ground. With a four-star rating (the highest possible) from Charity Navigator, Pratham USA ranks among the top 3% of all nonprofits in the country thanks to its sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency.
Pratham USA is recruiting one Senior Regional Development Manager to assist in designing, implementing and tracking fund development opportunities, specifically for mid-level gifts in the East Region. The East Region consists of chapters in New York Tri-State, Washington DC, Boston and Raleigh. The Development Manager will be based out of New York City and will work closely with Board members, volunteers and the Pratham USA team. The manager will report to the East Regional Development Director.
Pratham USA seeks an entrepreneurial individual experienced in fundraising with an exceptional level of personal responsibility, who is adept at conveying our message persuasively to garner financial resources.
- Personally manage and cultivate a portfolio of donors with the aim to establish long-term relationships and upgrade them into the mid-level giving tier , as well as into the major gifts giving program.
- Collaborate with the Regional Development Director and communications team to design and implement stewardship and retention strategies for current and lapsed donors; ensure proper benefits administration and recognition.
- Manage chapter boards, including organizing quarterly chapter board meetings, soliciting board commitments and onboarding and offboarding board members in consultation with the Regional Director and Chapter Leadership.
- Strategize and help execute on local galas, salons, and other cultivation events in conjunction with national events team and board committees. Be responsible for fundraising activities at local events.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent donor-centric communications in all materials, such as solicitation, acknowledgement, stewardship, integrated on CRM and customer service. Participate in writing, editing and image sourcing.
- Represent Pratham for local giving opportunities, including corporate employee matching.
- Deliver on special projects and campaigns as needed.
- The role will involve regional travel with evenings and weekend work schedules based on need.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years experience in non-profit development/fundraising required.
- Bachelors’ degree, with preference for a Master’s in a related area. Additional related academic courses or professional training preferred.
- Passionate about education and demonstrated empathy for international development.
- Superior interpersonal skills and relationship management experience.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to listen and target communications to specific interests and audiences.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google applications required.
- Motivated self-starter who can think critically and solve challenges creatively.
- Ability to work effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet established deadlines.
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, 401K and a competitive salary. For additional information, please contact us.
Pratham is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our organization.