Position Title: Regional Development Associate
Reports to: National Director, Individual Philanthropy
Position: Full-Time, Remote, Exempt. Must be amenable to working in Austin 2-3 days per week to engage with key stakeholders including donors and board members
Location: Austin, Central Region
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000
Established in 1995 to provide education to children in Mumbai slums, Pratham (which means “first” in Sanskrit) is now one of the largest and most successful non-governmental education organizations in India. Working in collaboration with governments, communities, parents, teachers, and volunteers, we focus on innovative interventions to address gaps in the education system. The clarity of our mission—“every child in school and learning well”—drives our focus to make an impact on the lives of India’s children and extends from our leadership to our team in the field.
With operations in 21 of India’s 29 states, Pratham reaches millions of children and youth each year, from Kashmir to Tamil Nadu. Our methods have also spread beyond India’s borders through ASER (Annual Status of Education Report), India’s largest citizen-led assessment which has inspired parallel assessments of children’s learning in fourteen countries across the world.
Develop Innovative Programs – Pratham uses outcome-driven programs that reconfigure teaching methodologies and challenge ineffective learning mechanisms. Our strategies focus on results, accountability and continuous learning and improvement.
Build Scalable Models – Pratham’s low-cost learning models are rigorously tested and evaluated so they can be easily replicated on a larger scale to provide quality education to every child.
Advocate Change – Pratham’s willingness to take risks, adapt to changing circumstances and look beyond our programs gives us the leverage to create broader change. We amplify our impact by freely sharing information with other nonprofits and using our findings to advocate for large-scale policy changes.
Inspire Action – We engage parents, teachers and government to make learning a community effort. Local volunteers are vetted, trained and monitored to help implement learning interventions at the grassroots level using Pratham’s high-quality teaching materials.
Pratham USA is an organization that relies on the dedication and efforts of volunteers, operating through 13 chapters spread across the United States. These chapters actively promote awareness and gather financial support for our on-the-ground initiatives. By receiving a prestigious four-star rating, the highest achievable, from Charity Navigator, Pratham USA is positioned within the top 3% of all nonprofit organizations in the nation. This achievement is a testament to our responsible financial practices, unwavering commitment to accountability, and transparent operations.
Pratham USA is currently seeking a Regional Development Associate who will play a crucial role in the fundraising endeavors within the Central Region, with a specific focus on Austin. The selected individual will be responsible for supporting the regional development team and collaborating closely with volunteers and the Pratham USA team. The Associate will report directly to the National Director of Individual Philanthropy.
If you possess a strong passion for education and exhibit empathy towards international development, we are eager to receive your application and learn more about you!
- Support the regional development team with maintaining and sorting data, including the use of the CRM, data input, and running reports for analysis, strategic planning, and chapter board member meetings
- Support the Development team with research and drafting of materials for prospective and existing clients/donors (presentations, memos, etc.)
- Personally manage and cultivate a portfolio of donors with the aim to establish long term relationships and upgrade them into the mid-level giving tier
- Serve as liaison for chapter initiatives such as Readathon, Young Professionals and University chapters
- Assist with event logistics, budgets and coordination in collaboration with the national events team and development managers
- Assist with client stewardship (answering calls, responding to emails, pledge collection, and other inquiries)
- Analyze development progress to make adjustments and improvements to initiatives and processes
- Support with board meeting planning and decks
- Provide administrative support to the development team and chapter Board members including assistance with calendar/scheduling, donor meetings, and key staff meetings
- Work directly with the management and development team to manage project workflow and oversee day to day milestones for projects
- The role will involve regional travel with evening and weekend work schedules based on need
Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience working in fundraising or project organization
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Passionate about education and demonstrated empathy for international development
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred, and proficiency in Microsoft office and Google applications required
- Motivated self-starter who can think critically and solve challenges creatively
- Ability to work effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet established deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers
Pratham has retained the services of Charity Search Group to coordinate the search for this position. To discuss your suitability for this role, please contact Amanda McReynolds Doran at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.charitysearchgroup.com
Pratham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.