Reports to: CEO
Location: Remote, reference for candidate with easy access to Washington, DC. 5%-10% travel expected.
Direct reports: 1-2
About FADICA- Foundations and Donors Interested in Catholic Activity
FADICA is the leading philanthropic peer network serving as a catalyst for a vital Catholic Church, Catholic ministries, and the common good. We promote the growth and effectiveness of Catholic philanthropy inspired by the joy of the Gospel and the Catholic social tradition. FADICA supports its members through education, exchange, fellowship and faith, research, joint funding opportunities, and interaction with Catholic leadership.
FADICA, a Catholic Philanthropy Network, seeks a Director of Program and Impact to serve as a key member of its dynamic and entrepreneurial team. FADICA supports effective philanthropy in service to a vital Catholic church and the common good, providing a symposia series, supporting member fellowship and working groups, sponsoring research, and facilitating collaborative impact initiatives.
The Director of Program and Impact will manage and coordinate the development of FADICA’s symposia and webinar programs and will lead the organization’s newly launched Impact Platform. The Director will also coordinate several member working groups focused on specific issues. FADICA’s Impact Platform is a new collaborative initiative which connects FADICA’s vibrant and spirit-filled membership to opportunities for impact in Church and society through a listening, discernment, and communications process. The Director will supervise the Associate Director for Communications who leads on communications and engagement for member programs and the Impact Platform.
FADICA members are among the most entrepreneurial, generous, and faith-driven funders, and the Director will have the opportunity to work closely with members, the FADICA team and external partners in working towards collaborative impact. The ideal candidate has leadership experience in program-related and collaborative work in philanthropy, faith-based organizations, or the nonprofit sector. The skills most critical for this position are skills for fostering collaboration among stakeholders, analytical skills, and project planning/strategy development skills. Familiarity with Catholic social teaching is a plus.
- Manage planning of FADICA’s symposia and member engagement programs
- Lead organization’s Impact Platform, a new Catholic philanthropic impact initiative
- Work collaboratively with FADICA staff, members and community partners to develop member programs and services.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide FADICA members with current research on advancing issues important to them.
- Lead the execution of annual symposia and other large scale events.
Leadership & Staff Management
- Participate in FADICA’s senior leadership team and provide input on long and short-term planning, budgeting and operations
- Manage two team members, including the Associate Director of Communications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of program and project management experience, and at least 3-5 years in program or project leadership.
- Experience managing teams and mentoring staff
- Proven ability to engage stakeholders in common endeavors for collaborative impact endeavors.
- Experience in a nonprofit, philanthropic or membership organization is required.
- Strong program and project management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Broad understanding of ministry or nonprofit communications and engagement, in relation to program delivery and design.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Facility in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint) required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy; an entrepreneurial mentality, self-starting work ethic, and a flexible resourcefulness.
- Support for overall organizational strategic goals and commitment to furthering the mission of FADICA.
- Comfort working within the Catholic faith tradition and a faith-based environment; understanding of or interest in the Catholic social tradition (CST).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
FADICA offers a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience and expertise, and a benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, an excellent employer sponsored and matched 403(b) plan, and generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick time. This position comes with work from home flexibility.
Anticipated Start Date: Late 2022.
FADICA has engaged the exclusive services of Charity Search Group. For more information, please visit www.charitysearchgroup.com/opportunities or contact Pascale Hughes (email@example.com).
FADICA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and fostering inclusion and a sense of belonging.