The mission of Workshops for Warriors, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit school, is to provide a nationally scalable and repeatable platform to provide quality training, accredited STEM educational programs, and opportunities to earn third party nationally recognized credentials to enable Veterans, transitioning service members, and other students to be successfully trained and placed in their chosen advanced manufacturing career field.
Please visit www.wfw.org to learn more.
About the role:
The Director of Human Resources is a hands-on leader who balances creating, implementing and monitoring a strategic HR plan alongside executing the day-to-day HR operations. This is a fast-paced environment providing leadership, advice and support in the implementation and delivery of HR programs. The ideal candidate should have experience developing, implementing, and monitoring HR programs from the ground up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess, plan, organize, implement, and lead the human resources functions and performance
- Participate as a member of the leadership team in the development of strategic business initiatives ensuring consideration for all human resources contingencies
- Act as a change agent for key HR and business changes and provide project management for HR projects.
- Champion employee engagement and the broader company culture by utilizing, morale-building practices, employee appreciation activities, and events
- In conjunction with the leadership team, direct and administer the compensation program, including wage market analysis and merit planning
- In conjunction with the CEO and CFO, selects and administers all benefit programs, including healthcare, ancillary, and retirement programs
- Design, implement, and manage management and employee training and development programs
- Analyze and evaluate the retention and performance of the employee base causes identifying root causes and making recommendations for improvement
- Oversee talent acquisition strategy and activities, including job description development/management, candidate experience, sourcing methodology, interview and selection process, and onboarding programs.
- Create, maintain, and communicate organizational policies and ensures compliance with all federal, state and county employment and all laws and regulations
- Build and maintain relationships with employees and share insights and proactive recommendations
- Provide ongoing coaching to managers supporting them in their management activities
- Manage government filings/reporting and ensures accurate record management
- Prepare and deliver a variety of organizational communications
- Facilitate the company’s Leadership Team and All Staff meetings
- Process payroll personally or through a subordinate, and maintain payroll and LOA records in relationship with HRIS and/or payroll processing company.
- Maximize the use and effectiveness of ADP Workforce Now
- Conduct investigations regarding disputes, complaints, or policy infractions
- Conduct exit interviews to determine the reasons behind the separation
- Work alongside the COO to oversee and manage all aspects of Risk Management’s workers compensation related safety and training to provide a safe and healthy work environment.
- Areas of responsibility for this role: Benefits, Compensation & Payroll, Development, Employee Relations, Employment Law, HRIS, LOA, Performance, Project Management, Recruitment, and Risk Management (Workers Compensation and Safety).
- 8+ years in a Human Resources Manager role; additional 4+ years as Director of HR with full scope HR leader responsibilities of companies with at least 50 employees and/or company(ies) of HR departments of one (1).
- Management experience in a non-profit organization is a plus.
- HR Certification a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business, Master’s degree preferred
- Sitting at a computer
- Occasionally lifting 20-50lbs.
Benefits: 10 paid personal days (80 hours accrued), 8 paid holidays, eligible to participate in 401(K) plan after 60 days of employment with an employer match of up to $1,000 (dollar for dollar with what the employee contributes up to a $1,000 maximum yearly limit by the Employer), health benefits start the first day of the month after 30 days of employment. 50% of the health insurance premium paid by employer. 100% of dental and vision is covered by employer.
Hours: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: CFO
Compensation: Salary: $120,000-$130,000
Supervises: HR Generalist