Position Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: Antara International Board of Directors
Position: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Remote within the U.S., 25% travel. Must be located and eligible to work in the U.S.
Salary: $180,000 – $210,000, plus additional performance based bonus and health and wellness stipend.
About Antara International
Antara International is a US-registered 501 c(3) organization raising funds to support the on–the- ground activities of its partner organization, The Antara Foundation (TAF), a non-profit registered in India.
The Antara Foundation (TAF) closely collaborates with the Government health system to provide vital assistance to mothers and infants living in remote villages and tribal communities. In these areas, a mother’s ability to access and choose healthcare services during the critical period of childbirth is often outside her control. These decisions are frequently influenced by various factors, including the opinions of her marital family, her caste or race, and her place of residence.
While India has undoubtedly achieved notable progress in the field of maternal and child health, there remains a substantial amount of work yet to be undertaken. This is especially true in the remote villages of central India, where one can encounter severely undernourished children and women contending with difficult pregnancies. Fortunately, the solutions for these problems are established and uncomplicated. The primary hurdle is effectively implementing these solutions on a broader scale.
The solution can be broken down into three main components:
- Promptly reach the mothers and children who are at the highest risk
- Addressing the hidden barriers that hinder the delivery of health services
- Establish and foster existing partnerships in order to support these life-transforming initiatives. This is a fundamental component of the solution
The CEO of Antara International and their role in building and sustaining these partnerships will be pivotal for Antara International to achieve its overall mission.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Antara International assumes a pivotal role, primarily focused on raising funds to enable the execution of on-the-ground programs in India. This position entails close collaboration with the board and representing Antara International in the United States. The CEO’s primary objective is to propel the organization’s mission forward and expand its influence within the healthcare sector. Antara International actively seeks a dynamic leader capable of making substantial contributions to diversify revenue sources, champion significant changes, and foster collaborations with local and global teams to strengthen and achieve the mission. The CEO will regularly review the outcomes and activities of AI funded TAF programs, communicating effectively with TAF leadership to understand future funding needs, as well as progress on currently funded activities.
Are you inspired by Antara International’s mission, which centers on ensuring that every mother and child has an equal chance to start life in good health? Are you capable of aiding in the formation of partnerships that will facilitate the progress of Antara International’s mission? If so, we encourage you to contact us about this rewarding opportunity.
Fundraising and Strategic Development: (80%)
- Develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy that aligns with the organization’s mission and goals, with a focus on securing major gifts from high networth individuals and institutional donors.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with major donors, foundations, and prospective funding channels, collaborating closely with the Board and other key stakeholders to involve donors and secure substantial contributions
- Collaborate with the Board and other stakeholders to define fundraising priorities and prospects, which encompass annual giving drives, special events, and grant requests
- Ensure that the organization generates sufficient funds to achieve its yearly objectives and extend the reach and influence of its mission, while also closely monitoring advancements towards fundraising targets and making necessary adjustments
- Develop a comprehensive sustainable fundraising plan to increase funding from $1M to $5M and beyond.
- Develop fundraising infrastructure and grow a fundraising team to correspond with fundraising results.
Marketing, Communications & Public Relations: (15%)
- Collaborate to create an all-encompassing marketing and communications plan aimed at enhancing the organization’s visibility and outreach
- Act as the organization’s U.S. Ambassador or its primary representative, participating in public events and speaking engagements on its behalf
Board Relations: (5%)
- Collaborate with the Board to formulate and execute visions and strategies that steer and advance the organization’s mission and objectives
- Foster a strong and clear collaborative relationship with the Board, maintaining open lines of communication regarding the assessment of achievements, opportunities, and challenges
- Recruit and onboard new board members as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise
- A minimum of 10 years of nonprofit leadership experience, preferably in an international development context
- Experience working with high networth individuals, foundations and granting institutions; a track record of successfully obtaining significant donations in the range of six to seven figures
- Proven track record of personally securing gifts in the $100,000 to $1M range.
- Experience as the face of an organization; exceptional interpersonal abilities, outstanding verbal and written communication talents, adept at both articulating and conveying ideas effectively and convincingly; a remarkable storyteller
- Possesses a strong commitment to the organization’s mission, with a passion for healthcare for women and children on a global scale
- Achievement in securing funds for nonprofit organizations, proficient in guaranteeing that the organization possesses the necessary resources to meet its operational requirements.
- Has strong leadership skills and ability to plan and implement strategic initiatives
- Has a profound commitment to the organization’s mission and values
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., public health, healthcare management, business administration) is often preferred.
Location and Compensation
- You will be based in the U.S. working remotely with 25% travel and some travel to India
- Must be located and eligible to work in the U.S.
- $180,000 – $210,000, plus additional performance based bonus and health and wellness stipend.
Antara International has retained the services of Charity Search Group to coordinate the search for this position. To apply, please complete this online application. If you have questions or need accommodations, please contact Mariya Yurukova at email@example.com.
Antara International is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels of the organization. We recognize the importance of not viewing individuals based on a single identity, and we thrive on being equitable in our recruitment process as well as in our efforts to be inclusive of all employees.