Position Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Position: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Famcare, Inc. is a non-profit family planning New Jersey agency that has been a respected provider of reproductive health and education services for over five decades throughout Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem Counties. They are committed to helping, healing and caring for men, women and adolescents. Famcare’s goals are to provide:
- Quality, low cost, easily accessible reproductive health care services,
- Preventive health screenings, and
- Educational services to community residents in order to provide them with the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully and productively deal with situations all individuals face.
Famcare is committed to serving all individuals and families, regardless of their ability to pay. The organization offers a sliding fee scale based on income and accepts Medicaid and many private insurance plans. They also offer free and confidential services to individuals who qualify.
Famcare is supported by donations from individuals, foundations, and corporations, as well as by grants from government and private organizations. The organization also relies on a dedicated team of volunteers who provide essential services and support to the community.
Famcare is seeking a Chief Executive Officer who is a highly motivated leader and big-picture thinker able to advance the mission and vision of Famcare. Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will lead the organization to its next stage of growth while continuing to provide access to affordable family planning services and reproductive healthcare services to the communities it currently serves.
Famcare will be best served by your professional experience, passion for the mission, goals and ability to cultivate strong collaborative relationships that inspire and motivate staff, volunteers and community partners. This will be accomplished in part by a creative spirit, charismatic personality and proven leadership within highly-effective organizations.
Board and Community Relations
- Will lead the leadership team, and work to achieve affordable family planning services and reproductive healthcare services to the communities it serves
- Engage with the Board Chairperson, Chair and Co-Chair, and Board of Directors to enable the fulfillment of organizational governance for growth and sustainability
- Communicate effectively with the Board and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Advise and inform Board members on operations and administration, interfacing between Board and staff, and implementing the plans and policies authorized by the Board
- Present annual budget for Board approval, and effectively manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors Chairperson, develop monthly meeting agendas, an annual calendar, and ensure crucial issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Inform Board of Directors of political and other environmental issues or challenges that impact operations
- Work with the Board of Directors to determine fundraising strategy and goals
- Ensure Board of Directors training and development, as necessary
Infrastructure and Operations
- Oversee the administration and management of Famcare to meet the mission of the organization and to ensure the provision of quality healthcare, social services, and support community residents and improve health outcomes
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality healthcare and social services while managing for future growth.
- Relationship builder with community partners and organizations to achieve the mission
- Serves as the primary spokesperson for Famcare with the wider community, our advocacy colleagues, and with the media
- Create and promote a positive environment with a diverse workforce that supports consistency throughout the organization’s operations
- Guide Famcare in responding to emerging issues in Gloucester, Cumberland and Salem Counties
- Supervises the design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs and services
- Ensure the information systems support the effective operations of the organizations
- Manages and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate
Financial Management – 2.0 Million Budget
- Works cooperatively with the Controller to recommend a budget to the BOD
- Provide leadership in developing organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors, Finance, Clinical, and Outreach/Education Directors
- Monitors the financial management of the organization, including long- and short-range financial planning to assure sustainability and that capital is appropriately allocated
- Presents annual budget for Board approval, and effectively manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- Ensures regular budget statements and forecast analyses that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization and presents financial reports on at least a quarterly basis
- Responsible for fiscal management that anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
- Provides leadership to the Controller in the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget
- In conjunction with the Controller establishes rigorous accountability standards for grants and budget tracking
- Research grant and proposal opportunities, write and submit proposals/grants to appropriate organizations
- Implement and direct resource development, including identification of funding opportunities, submitting proposals, monitor program evaluations, record keeping and statistical reporting
- Provide direction and overall responsible for the management of all staff including direct reports including the Controller, Director of Education, Director of Health Services and Consultants
- Builds a culture which attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of quality people
- Support and motivate the staff; facilitate cross-department collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization
- Assures job descriptions accurately reflect positions, are up-to-date, regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place
- Supports staff development and education enhancing employee skills and knowledge, capable of attaining short and long-term organization’s goals and objectives
- Ensures that all organizational policies and procedures are following federal, state, and local laws and regulations
Fundraising and Advancement Development
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors is responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the Famcare mission
- Setting and meeting an annual fundraising goal in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit funds from individuals, foundations, and organizations
- Develops and implements strategies for cultivating relationships for campaign development for Major Gifts
- Facilitates solicitation meetings with major donor prospects, working closely with the Board of Directors
Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise
- Master’s degree in nonprofit management, business administration or healthcare, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business administration or healthcare required
- Eight to ten years of successful senior leadership experience at nonprofit senior level in leading and managing a health care service delivery program
- Demonstrates leadership ability in program implementation and coalition building.
- Senior level fundraising and advancement including the cultivation of major gifts and advancement experience
- Experience in working with the Board of Directors
- Ability to build relationships with diverse groups of people
- An understanding of the health insurance industry as it pertains to reproductive health
- Experience with federal and/or state funding sources
- Proven budget and financial management experience
- Excellent communication, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Office Suite and Excel required
FamCare has retained the exclusive services of Charity Search Group to coordinate the search for this position. To discuss your suitability for this role, please contact Pascale Hughes at (email@example.com) or visit www.charitysearchgroup.com.
Famcare is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels of the organization. We recognize the importance of not viewing individuals based on a single identity, and we thrive on being equitable in our recruitment process as well as in our efforts to be inclusive of all employees.