At Pratham we have a vision for India where every child can go on to live a good life and earn a good livelihood wherever in the country they are born and raised. We believe that every child has the right to a quality education – one that prepares them for life and for work. Since 1994, when we started our work in Mumbai, we have been trying to address that.
What we do:
LITERACY AND LEARNING INTERVENTIONS engage children ages 3-14 in order to improve their basic reading, writing, and math skills.
VOCATIONAL TRAINING promotes economic self-sufficiency for young adults through training and job placement.
GIRLS’ EDUCATION PROGRAM assists female dropouts over the age of 14 in completing their secondary school education and earning their 10th Standard diploma.
RESEARCH AND ADVOCACY EFFORTS measure and provide reliable data on children’s learning. EDTECH SOLUTIONS empower students to use self-driven curricula to learn outside of the classroom.
We reach millions of children and youth in India each year through operations in 23 cities, 21 states, and two union territories. The past 12 months have been like no other. Facing up to the challenges of Covid-19 we have:
· Reached 500,000+ children directly with learning opportunities suited to their own level · Served 20,000 communities
· Helped 200,000+ children catch up on lost learning due to school closures · Given 4,000+ young women a “second chance” to earn their secondary school certificate · Trained over 50,000 youth and placed 27,000 in jobs
· Equipped more than 700 partners with digital learning content through Pradigi Open School
Our ASER survey has continued to inspire a network of citizen-led assessments of children’s learning in 14 countries on three continents.
Pratham USA is a 501(c)(3) charity with chapters across the United States. We raise awareness and mobilize the financial resources that make our work possible.
This role is an exciting opportunity to inspire thousands more individuals to champion and fund Pratham’s work in its donor markets (predominantly the USA) at a powerful inflection point in the organization’s evolution. While Pratham is well-established as an organization providing learning opportunities at scale across India and beyond, our growth aspirations are significant – for the next five years and beyond. This will require a dedicated period of donor growth and diversification to deliver the positioning and funds needed to meet those goals; and, in this role, you will have the opportunity to help drive both.
You have the chance to make Pratham the charity of choice for individual donors, at all levels. In this position, you will work hand in hand with our philanthropy team to develop and drive fundraising and engagement campaigns (with both online and offline activations) that inspire and motivate action, including taking a lead on Pratham’s nascent retail fundraising efforts.
The Director, Consumer Marketing will play a key role in developing solicitation strategies and storytelling across multiple channels, across major, mid-level and retail donors. Supported by a talented team of local development staff, marketing consultants and vendors, the Director will oversee the execution of complex fundraising and marketing campaigns with the goal of significantly increasing and diversifying Pratham’s donorbase. This will include digital fundraising, event promotion, direct mail, telefundraising and face to face campaigns.
● Strategy: Develop marketing strategy to deliver audience-centric fundraising campaigns in support of the PUSA fundraising strategy, across all donor segments, but with a particular focus on individual donors (with a view to potentially extend to engage priority India audiences)
● Campaign development and planning: Develop campaign routes to market to drive donors to take action on behalf of Pratham, le by audience insights (including CRM); key moments; and drawing on story assets from the ground
● Story-gathering: Work in partnership with the India and International Programs teams to develop a live bank of stories from the field to inform and illustrate campaign activations across donor segments
● Marketing asset development: Lead the development of core campaign assets (written, visual, other) to carry campaign activity, including briefing designers and other creative resources – to apply across all audience segments and channels, working hand in hand with communications colleagues in PUSA and India
● Activation planning and partnerships: Define marketplace activations to reach and engage target audiences, and build and cultivate partnerships to support activations (particularly focused on reach into defined donor segments) – working closely with PUSA Development Team staff and Pratham Chapter Boards
● Event planning: Support the events team to set strategic direction for event (face to face and online) activations
- 1:1 fundraising: Support the philanthropy team with high-touch donor cultivation, fundraising and stewardship
● Project management: Project manage the delivery of campaigns across channels , including online and offline
● Research and insights: Maintain abreast of key trends in fundraising, digital marketing, and giving demographics, to inform overall fundraising strategy and routes to market ● Measurement and reporting: Lead measurement and reporting across all campaigns activity, ensuring ongoing audience insights drive campaign strategy
2. Management and Administration
- Senior Management: Ensure operations and resources are managed in accordance with policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with legal requirements and good practice in all aspects of the charity’s work
- Financial Management: Ensure the development of the annual budget and ensure effective monitoring and management of the budget
- Line management: Provide line management to staff and consultants as needed
- Representation: Represent Pratham as required both in private and public settings
- Boards of Trustees: Support the CEO in reporting to the trustees of Pratham entities
- Other duties that may be required by the CEO and board of trustees.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Management-level experience of 10+ years
- Proven experience of B2C marketing (in-house and/or agency side), with a focus on planning and creative direction
- High degree of comfort with high-end and mass consumer audiences in the USA and India (UK, UAE and other market experience is a bonus!)
- Ability to seek out and apply research and insights
- Up to date digital understanding and command of product marketing and/or fundraising events
- Demonstrable experience of mixed-channel activation planning (owned, earned and paid channel implementation)
- Ability to brief and develop written and visual marketing content, including defining story asset needs
- Partner identification, recruitment, activation and management (media outlets, influencers, and beyond)
- High-level competency in marketing monitoring and measurement
- Strong team working orientation, with the ability and social skills to work collaboratively with staff at all levels and all parts of the organization; and externally
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Political sensitivity and ability to apply good judgment in decision making
The position is full-time with competitive compensation commensurate to experience and skillset. Additionally, Pratham USA offers a generous benefits and vacation package, including 401(K) and health benefits.
Location and Travel
This is a remote/work from home role based in the USA. Travel within the US or the UK is required (30-40 days of the year including weekends), sometimes at short notice.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter describing your qualifications and relevant experience, a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Pratham USA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our organization.