Position Title: Director, Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Executive Director
Position: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Remote within U.S., some travel required
Salary: $100,000 – $120,000
About The Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation
The B+ (Be Positive) Foundation was born out of the tragic passing of Andrew McDonough to Leukemia at the age of 14 in 2007. B+ was Andrew’s blood type and the way he lived. His family started the Foundation on a full-time basis shortly after he went to Heaven to help other families of kids with cancer and to fund cutting-edge childhood cancer research.
Over the past 16 years, The B+ Foundation has become the largest provider of financial assistance to families of kids with cancer in the United States. In 2022, the Foundation lessened the burden on families of kids with cancer by paying over $5,000,000 of bills. This allows the families to focus on what’s truly most important – the life or death battle of their child. Additionally, The B+ Foundation is a large, global funder of childhood cancer research.
While a lean organization, The B+ Foundation is one of the nation’s largest childhood cancer charities. Based in Wilmington, DE with an office in New York City, The B+ Foundation also has team members working remotely in multiple locations across the country.
While certainly tragic that children get cancer, the opportunity to work at The B+ Foundation is one of the most life-changing and fulfilling opportunities for the right person. We work so hard for our bosses – from infants to 21 year olds – as we honor the memory of our namesake, Andrew McDonough.
Collaborating with a Supportive President and Executive Director, the Director of Corporate Partnerships will develop meaningful partnerships with nationally known name brand corporate partners. The Foundation’s revenue to-date has largely been driven by partnerships with students on 80-90 college campuses across the country and other online and community based fundraising. The B+ Foundation expects to raise $10,000,000 in 2023 making it one of the largest childhood cancer charities in the U.S.
You will be part of a passionate, dedicated team of talented professionals working to deliver a best-in-class donor experience and achieve life-changing growth in fundraising. You will have the opportunity to create and build out the Corporate Partnership Program. This position reports directly to the Executive Director. If you want to be part of something bigger than yourself and have a proven track record in developing Corporate Partnerships, we welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
- Identify, engage and secure top-tier partnerships with national/household brands that will advance B+’s fundraising goals and help reach revenue targets and sustainable growth
- Manage the partnership lifecycle, with a focus on identifying and cultivating new top-tier corporate partnerships
- Develop strategies for 360 degree partnerships, including employee engagement, talent recruitment and brand awareness/mission alignment.
- Collaborate with B+ leadership and peers to develop captivating presentations, proposals, and compelling activation opportunities.
- Drive continuous improvement through measurement and tracking
- Negotiate complex agreements, creating long-term value aligned commitments
The Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation is looking for an experienced, self-motivated team player interested in working for a lean but top-in-class organization. The ideal candidate must be honest, have thick skin, be resourceful, self-sufficient, and competitive. You will be empowered and have direct input in the strategic direction of the organization. You will literally enable us to change the world for thousands of families today and in the future.
A good match for this role will posses the following attributes:
- Be an autonomous contributor who is comfortable with taking initiative and ownership of their responsibilities
- Posses a high emotional intelligence and the ability to adjust communication style based on audience
- An engaging storyteller who can accurately and compellingly communicate the value of the B+ Foundation
- Brand and mission-focused with ability to connect with the ethos of B+ to represent and protect the brand/image and legacy of Andrew McDonough with integrity
- Skilled in initiating conversations and cultivating relationships
- Natural collaborator who focuses on building partnerships where equitable outcomes are realized; win-win negotiator
- Enjoys a variety of challenges and appreciates the importance of developing and maintaining a diverse portfolio
- A passion for growth and scaling programs
- Creative problem solver with a knack for identifying unconventional opportunities and exploring the possibilities
- Ethically-focused development approach
Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise
- Proven track record of identifying and cultivating 360 degree partnerships with leading national corporations that have delivered significant revenue
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in sales, community relations, and development in a corporate or civic/non-profit setting
- Skilled in securing national name recognition positioning opportunities and increasing brand exposure
- Ability to build partnerships and navigate multi-stakeholder relationships/collaborations
- Results-focused with prioritization toward opportunities based on national exposure and maximum yield
- Excellent written, oral, and public speaking skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all channels
Salary: $100,000 – $120,000
The B+ Foundation has retained the exclusive services of Charity Search Group to coordinate the search for this position. To discuss your suitability for the role, please contact Mariya Yurukova (email@example.com) or visit www.charitysearchgroup.com.
The B+ Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels of the organization. We recognize the importance of not viewing individuals based on a single identity, and we thrive on being equitable in our recruitment process as well as in our efforts to be inclusive of all employees.