Position Title: Advancement Officer, Workshops for Warriors
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Position: Full-Time, On-Site, Exempt
Location: San Diego, California, On-site
Workshops for Warriors® (WFW) is a fully audited, board-governed 501(c)(3) nonprofit. The mission of WFW is to provide quality training, accredited STEM educational programs, and opportunities to earn third party nationally recognized credentials to enable veterans, transitioning service members, and other students to be successfully trained and placed in their chosen advanced manufacturing career field.
WFW is at an inflection point, poised for expansion throughout the nation. With strong investment from both corporate partners and individual philanthropy, we have been able to grow our programs significantly, while maintaining a 94% placement rate for our graduates. We have recently expanded our presence in San Diego and have plans to grow our footprint nationally.
We are rebuilding American manufacturing, one veteran at a time. Join us!
JOB OVERVIEW: ADVANCEMENT OFFICER
The Advancement Officer (AO) is responsible for implementing fundraising strategies with a focus on major giving (philanthropic commitments of $100,000 and above) and establishing a pipeline for future philanthropic activity across all faculties of Workshops for Warriors. This position works closely with the CEO and CDO to manage a high volume of interactions and relations. The AO creates, manages, stewards and evaluates fundraising strategies for donors at the $50,000 + level with.
The Advancement Officer will work closely with senior leadership and advisory board members to follow through on introductions and requests for proposals from potential donors. Additionally, the AO will be responsible for fully briefing and prepping the CEO and CDO for event attendance, donor meetings and general communications with donors and potential donors.
If you love a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with senior executives and board members, this role is for you.
- Ensure the full scope of portfolio management of all current and prospective donors managed by the CEO/CDO, including database management, timely follow up, and annual stewardship
- Prepare portfolio aging reports and action items for CEO/CDO
- Create briefing notes and donor profiles, book donor meetings and record donor interactions
- Prepare customized proposals on behalf of the CEO/CDO
- Follow up/close gifts and ensure timely gift acknowledgements by senior leaders and volunteers
- Renew gifts and follow up on pledges where appropriate.
- Prepare personalized stewardship reports for major donors, including working closely with program and communications staff to gather impact stories
- Develop long-term stewardship strategies to ensure successful gift renewal
- Maintain accurate donor reports and update the CRM (Salesforce) with all pertinent donor interactions on behalf of CEO/CDO and board members
- Book meetings/follow up on correspondence with current and potential donors connected to the CEO/CDO or advisory board members
- Work closely with EAs and Chief of Staff to ensure event attendance and speaking engagements are planned and organized in a timely manner
- Attend events and provide day of support to the CEO/CDO where appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERTISE:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising, with a focus on major gifts at the $25,000+ level
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- An authentic passion for veterans and veteran transition, as well as a commitment to the WFW mission
- Strong communicator who is comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders including community leaders, major donors, other development team members and all departments within the organization
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional problem-solving ability and proven skills in handling and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Creative in managing projects on limited resources
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, CRM
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Some travel is required
$85,000-$100,0000 annual salary, depending on experience. This is an on-site role based in San Diego and requires significant evening/weekends work to accommodate events and public appearances.
Physical Job Requirements:
Must be able to sit in front of a computer for prolonged periods
Workshop for Warriors has retained the exclusive services of Charity Search Group to coordinate the search for this position. To discuss your suitability for the role, please contact Mariya Yurukova (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit http://www.charitysearchgroup.com.
Workshop for Warriors is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels of the organization. We recognize the importance of not viewing individuals based on a single identity, and we thrive on being equitable in our recruitment process as well as in our efforts to be inclusive of all employees.