Executive Director, USA- Olympic Gold Quest
Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ) is a ‘not for profit’ organization started by sports legends Geet Sethi and Prakash Padukone with a mission to help Indian athletes win Olympic gold medals. 14 of the 26 medal winners for India at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics & Paralympics were supported by OGQ.
Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ) is a private not for profit organization founded with a mission to help Indian athletes win Olympic Gold medals. In India, OGQ is funded by donations from CSR, Family Foundations and individuals. OGQ has an entity in the US whose objective is to raise funds in the US and support the OGQ India entity in the annual fund raising targets. The US entity has been operational since 2017 and is governed by the OGQ USA Board of Directors. The registered name of the US entity is: Foundation for Promotion of Sports and Games.
OGQ is looking to hire a highly motivated candidate who is skilled in sales, fundraising and communication to lead the fundraising efforts of OGQ in the US. The candidate should love sports and should be passionate about making an impact in India through sports.
This senior leadership role will lead all aspects of the operation of OGQ in the United States. S/he will play a key role in scaling fundraising efforts to support Olympic and Paralympic athletes supported by OGQ.
JOB PURPOSE: To raise funds from individuals, corporations and foundations and contribute significantly to the annual fundraising results of OGQ.
- Develop the fundraising strategy of OGQ USA.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit gifts to OGQ in the range of $10,000 to $100,000.
- Work closely with OGQ leadership and US board members and volunteers to deliver on fundraising goals.
- Achieve the annual fundraising target of OGQ USA as set by the OGQ India & USA Board of Directors.
- Generate new leads of potential individuals who could donate to OGQ USA and get them to donate to OGQ.
- Attend meetings with current and potential donors of OGQ USA.
- Create cultivation and engagement opportunities for prospective donors.
- Set up online and in person meetings for OGQ CEO & Head of Partnerships with current and potential donors of OGQ USA.
- Liaise with OGQ India team on a regular basis on developments & support needed for execution of fundraising efforts in the US.
- Plan and manage all end to end operations for any fundraising events in the US.
- Coordinate with Jerome Bellotti & Associates on all tax and compliance related matters of OGQ USA.
- Attend the bi monthly online meeting of OGQ USA Board of Directors.
- Manage the entire operations of fundraising in the US and be the sole point of contact for all fundraising efforts in the US.
- Entrepreneurial, action oriented, self-starter.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Proactive, innovative and creative.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Collaborative and diplomatic. Able to engage effectively with remote teams.
- Gets things done, delivers to the highest of standards, takes ownership & responsibility of their work.
- Drive and enthusiasm to work in a competitive and demanding environment.
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Passionate about India, sports and creating impact through OGQ.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- A bachelor degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 7 years of fundraising experience with a minimum of 3 years of major gifts experience.
- Proven track record of cultivating and soliciting gifts in the $10,000-$50,000 range.
- Proven track record of establishing donor networks and working with high-level volunteers.
- Strong relationship building skills and cultural awareness.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of Olympic sports and Indian diaspora would be considered an asset.
Interested in this role? Apply online or book a call to find out more.
|Job Category:||Executive Director, USA|
|Location:||SF Bay Area|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled.|
|Important:||Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis; early application is strongly suggested.|