Events Manager, Pratham USA
About Pratham USA
At Pratham we have a vision for India where every child can go on to live a good life and earn a good livelihood wherever in the country they are born and raised. We believe that every child has the right to a quality education – one that prepares them for life and for work. Since 1994, when we started our work in Mumbai, we have been trying to address that.
What we do:
LITERACY AND LEARNING INTERVENTIONS engage children ages 3-14 in order to improve their basic reading, writing, and math skills.
VOCATIONAL TRAINING promotes economic self-sufficiency for young adults through training and job placement.
GIRLS’ EDUCATION PROGRAM assists female dropouts over the age of 14 in completing their secondary school education and earning their 10th Standard diploma.
RESEARCH AND ADVOCACY EFFORTS measure and provide reliable data on children’s learning. EDTECH SOLUTIONS empower students to use self-driven curricula to learn outside of the classroom.
We reach millions of children and youth in India each year through operations in 23 cities, 21 states, and two union territories. The past 12 months have been like no other. Facing up to the challenges of Covid-19 we have:
- Reached 500,000+ children directly with learning opportunities suited to their own level · Served 20,000 communities
- Helped 200,000+ children catch up on lost learning due to school closures · Given 4,000+ young women a “second chance” to earn their secondary school certificate · Trained over 50,000 youth and placed 27,000 in jobs
- Equipped more than 700 partners with digital learning content through Pradigi Open School
Our ASER survey has continued to inspire a network of citizen-led assessments of children’s learning in 14 countries on three continents.
Pratham USA is a 501(c)(3) charity with chapters across the United States. We raise awareness and mobilize the financial resources that make our work possible.
Pratham USA is looking for an experienced Events professional with a high value background and established technical events skills to join Pratham USA’s Events team within the Marketing and Communications Function.
The events team deliver an annual program (across 14 USA and UK chapters) of cross-organizational events, working closely with Individual Giving, Corporate and Trusts & Foundations development specialists.
We are a small but ambitious team, tasked with raising income and delivering a successful stewardship strategy for donors. The events program, therefore, contains a mix of high-value fundraising events, third-party partnerships and stewardship events.
Working on both existing events and developing new initiatives, you have a high degree of creativity and donor insight, with your aim to secure committed long-term engagement and maximize income.
This role requires you to work proactively and independently with minimal supervision as well as the ability to communicate and influence at a high level. This Events Manager will report to the Pratham USA Events Director.
- Leadership of a number of stewardship events (development and delivery) – managing the program, budget, staffing, guestlist, speakers, performers and catering
- These include but are not limited to prestigious 700+ people fundraising events (Galas, in person and virtual; pre-gala high end donor events), a hybrid national conference for chapter Board members in the US and smaller (25 – 200 people) donor engagement forums such as Salons and discussion panels
- Create and manage budget/s and timelines
- Work with Chapters to identify dates, venues, caterers, décor, entertainment and AV companies
- Work with our legal specialists to write partnership and supplier agreements
- Work closely with development managers across the organization to seek out new opportunities and collaborations to maximize income and generate new prospects
- Work with our Marketing and Communications team to create and produce effective marketing assets
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5+ years experience in Event Management
- Prior management level experience required in an entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills specifically related to income generating event management
- Build strong relationships with event committees, senior staff and volunteers, sponsors, companies and suppliers – managing these relationships to ensure high level buy in and support on all events
- Feel comfortable networking with external influential and high-profile individuals, donors, corporate partners, as well as internal senior stakeholders
- Proven senior stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey key messages in a clear, effective way and interact with a variety of individuals at all levels
- Expert knowledge of charity and fundraising laws and regulations
- Experience of working with high net worth and high-profile individuals
- To be successful you will have experience of delivering a range of high value events to exceptional high standards
- Digitally savvy – strong experience of delivering hybrid and purely virtual high impact events
- Experience working with CRM systems is desirable
The position is full-time with competitive compensation commensurate to experience and skillset. Additionally, Pratham USA offers a generous benefits and vacation package, including 401(K) and health benefits.
Location and Travel:
This is a remote/work from home role based in the USA. Travel within the US or the UK is required (30-40 days of the year including weekends), sometimes at short notice.
Interested in this role? Apply online or book a call to find out more.
|Job Category:||Events Manager|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
|Important:||Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis; early application is strongly suggested.|