Director of Development, New Heights Youth
About New Heights Youth
New Heights was founded in October 2005 in New York City as an independent non-profit organization.
- Travel basketball teams
- Academic support, tutoring, counseling and workshops focused on social-emotional learning and life skills
- High school preparation, guidance and placement services
- College preparation, guidance and placement services
- New Heights Summer Academy (a 6-week academic-athletic summer program)
- Community-based clinics, leagues, camps, workshops and events
Join our growing organization as the Director of Development, and play a critical role in the day to day management of our fundraising programs. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to a fast-growing, high potential organization. The Director of Development will be responsible for overseeing a broad scope of fundraising activities and leading a growing team of two staff members. The DoD will maintain a portfolio of major donors and annual corporate sponsors. If you are looking for an opportunity to lead staff and connect with the community, this is the role for you.
Fundraising and Revenue Generation
- Work closely with the CDO and ED in achieving an annual revenue goal of $4M+
- Manage a portfolio of major donors, fostering a culture of philanthropy through intentional stewardship throughout the year
- Cultivate, steward and solicit a pipeline of individual/corporate donors and prospects
- Supervise growing development team and support the full scope of development priorities including fundraising event planning
- Oversee the day to day operations of the fundraising team
- Manage and monitor online giving initiatives
Stewardship & Strategy
- Support the CDO and ED in achieving an annual revenue goal of $4M+
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer, Executive Director, and Board to help meet and exceed a $35,000+ give/get board requirement through annual events and fundraising activities
- Support the CDO in strategic planning and donor outreach for annual fundraising events including GameChangers Ball, MADNESS, and Shoot-a-thon
- Manage event stewardship through timely follow-up strategy implementation & support
- Support with ongoing fundraising events and initiatives, including planning and logistics, ticket and sponsorship sales, auction, outreach, and communications
- Support New Heights in creating a cohesive external narrative
- Manage the creation and execution of the New Heights bi-monthly newsletter for external stakeholders, including content creation, recipient segmentation, and design
- 5-7 years experience directing and executing comprehensive fundraising strategies
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience overseeing staff
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to work effectively with senior leaders
- Self-starter with a proven record of multitasking
- Proven record of working independently and managing and executing multiple projects
- Team player who can collaborate across verticals and with external stakeholders
- Exposure or understanding of youth-based programming is an asset
Salary and Benefits: Salary compensation range: $100,000-$115,000. Comprehensive benefit package.
Location: The successful candidate will be expected to be onsite at our new office in Brooklyn.
Interested in this role? Apply online or book a call to find out more.
|Job Category:||Director of Development|
|Location:||Brooklyn, New York|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
|Important:||Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis; early application is strongly suggested.|