Director of Development, Arogya World
About Arogya World
Arogya World is a 501(c )(3) registered charity and global health non-profit organization working to prevent, non-communicable diseases (NDCs), through health education and lifestyle change. We engage with health leaders as well as individuals to help people lead healthier lives. Our mission is reflected in our very name – Arogya in Sanskrit means to live a life without disease.
India, particularly hard hit by NCDs, diseases like diabetes, heart disease, cancer and chronic lung diseases, is a major area of focus for us. Prevention is at the core of all our work. We are 11 years old and are aggressively scaling up our proven programs, and striving to educate millions of people on diabetes prevention, helping hundreds of thousands measurably improve their health. Our work is aligned with the Government of India’s priorities and we believe we can help India – and the world – meet the Sustainable Development Goals, especially Goal #3 (health and well-being for all). We have reached 6 million people in India to date with our prevention programs. We are part of the 2021 Google AI for Social Good program. Learn more about Arogya World on www.arogyaworld.org
Arogya World is looking for an experienced US-based Development professional with a proven track record in fundraising and demonstrable leadership skills, to serve as our Director of Development. We seek a dynamic and driven individual with a passion for global health and a desire to make an impact and improve the world we live in. This person will manage all fundraising efforts in the US and will report directly to the CEO.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to significantly scale our fundraising efforts, with a focus on major gifts. S/he will work towards maximizing our current relationships and proactively work to establish new relationships across the United States.
- Develop the fundraising strategy and drive all aspects of implementation of Arogya World’s fundraising efforts in the US. Work Plan and reasonable targets to be agreed in advance.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit major gift prospects. Manage and expand the US donor base.
- Personally manage and cultivate a portfolio of donors with the aim to establish long-term relationships and solicit major gifts.
- Identify and solicit corporate partnerships and sponsorships, and build strategy for foundation support.
- Develop an employee giving strategy.
- Recruit a grant writer/development associate as needed and manage his/her work.
- Navigate social and philanthropic networks in major US centers of philanthropy.
- Nurture and maintain key stakeholder relationships.
- Manage a stewardship program including timely custom reports/receipts to grant makers and individuals.
- Design, implement, and manage the annual gala or a few small events. Pivot to virtual events as necessary.
- Work closely with board members and volunteers. Recruit new ones as needed.
- Seek new opportunities for growth with online giving, strategic alliances etc.
- Help raise the organization’s profile among donors in the US.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in non-profit development/fundraising required.
- Bachelors’ degree, with preference for a Master’s in a related area.
- A proven track record in developing comprehensive fundraising strategies.
- A proven track record in soliciting gifts in the $10,000 to $100,000 range.
- Passionate about health-related causes and demonstrated empathy for international development.
- Superior interpersonal skills and relationship management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and partners
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to listen and target communications to specific interests and audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google applications required.
- Motivated self-starter who can think critically and solve challenges creatively.
- Ability to work effectively in a results-oriented environment and meet established deadlines
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Previous experience with international development charities would be considered an asset.
Location: This is a work from home/remote position with a preference given to candidates with easy access to Washington DC, Houston or San Francisco.
Benefits and compensation: This position offers a great deal of flexibility and opportunity to structure a 4-day work week and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Interested in this role? Apply online or book a call to find out more.
|Job Category:||Director of Development|
|Location:||DC, SF or Houston preferred|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled|
|Important:||Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis; early application is strongly suggested.|