About New Heights Youth
New Heights was founded in October 2005 in New York City as a private, independent non-profit organization. Our mission is “to educate and empower promising underserved youth to be leaders, champions and student-athletes by developing the skills necessary for success in high school, college and life.” In 2021, New Heights will be moving to the newly renovated Bedford Union Armory in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. New Heights provides intensive, long-term support for promising young athletes from underserved communities – we develop the academic skills, leadership abilities and character traits ultimately necessary to be successful in life beyond sports. We currently work with approximately 250 kids, grades 4-12, year-round, in a comprehensive program that includes:
- Travel basketball teams
- Academic support, tutoring and counseling
- High School preparation, guidance and placement services
- College preparation, guidance and placement services
- New Heights Summer Academy, a 6-week academic-athletic summer program
Join our growing organization as the Associate Director of Development, and play a critical role in the day to day management of our fundraising programs. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to a fast-growing, high potential organization. The Associate Director of Development will be responsible for overseeing a broad scope of fundraising activities and leading a growing team of two staff members. The ADoD will maintain a portfolio of community level donors and annual corporate sponsors. If you are looking for an opportunity to lead staff and connect with the community, this is the role for you.
- Support the CDO and ED in achieving an annual revenue goal of $3M+
- Supervise growing development team and support the full scope of development priorities including fundraising event planning
- Manage a portfolio of community level donors, fostering a culture of philanthropy through intentional stewardship throughout the year
- Cultivate, steward and solicit a pipeline of individual/corporate donors and prospects
- Manage and monitor online giving initiatives
- Support CDO in strategic planning and donor outreach for annual fundraising events including GameChangers Ball, MADNESS, and the Team Challenge Shoot-a-thon
- Manage event stewardship through timely follow-up strategy implementation & support
- Support ongoing fundraising events and initiatives, including planning and logistics, ticket and sponsorship sales, auction, outreach, and communications
- Support New Heights in creating a cohesive external narrative
- Manage the creation and execution of the New Heights bi-monthly newsletter for external stakeholders, including content creation, recipient segmentation, and design
- A minimum of 5 years experience directing and executing comprehensive fundraising strategies
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience overseeing staff
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Self-starter with a proven record of multitasking
- Proven record of working independently and managing and executing multiple projects
- Team player who can collaborate across verticals and with external stakeholders
- Exposure or understanding of youth-based programming is an asset
Salary and Benefits: Salary compensation range: $80,000-$85,000. Comprehensive benefit package.
Location: The successful candidate must be able to access our new office in Brooklyn on a weekly basis, and we are able to accommodate work-from-home 1-2 days per week.
Interested in this role? Apply online or book a call to find out more.
|Important:||Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis; early application is strongly suggested.|